At 3Q Digital, we work with high-powered clients in some of America’s best cities (New York, San Francisco, San Diego, the Silicon Valley, downtown Chicago, and Burlington, Vermont). We’re smart, fast-paced and we value great client service.
The Director of Decision Sciences will be tasked with partnering with senior internal and client stakeholders while overseeing, mentoring and growing the team that is responsible for measurement, performance, consumer and experience insights and optimization deliverables. The ideal candidate will be able to identify the “why” or “so what” from a myriad of different data sources and will lead a rapidly growing team of subject matter experts who are partners to both our internal teams as well as our day-to-day clients and their extended teams.
Why our Decision Sciences Team: Tired of coming “last”, having to work through other teams, being in a role that’s reactive and feel like you’re work is meaningless? If you answered yes to any of these, then this is the team that you want to join. We’re not a reporting team - we focus on helping our clients understand their customers, media, messaging and experience effectiveness using many different levers, tools, and data-sets. We’re leading the direction of the agency and are front and center, not an afterthought in a deck and work with clients that love our ideas and let us do the work that we recommend! You’ll also get access to some pretty sweet MarTech, automated data access through our Data Warehouse, and your very own Tableau seat
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams and client partners with the intent to build strong relationships that ultimately lead to identification of ways strategic analytics team can engage and improve business value
- Provide innovative, integrated and forward-thinking ideas to drive up sells and contribute in the same way to new business pitches
- Explore the unknown, brainstorming new ideas, build new tools and deliverables, “break” things, serve the client team as an expert on industry and client-specific strategic solutions
- Take ownership of client delivery, while managing staff independently and efficiently.
- Manage the team responsible for performing analysis such as campaign attribution, audience insights and persona development, website user flow, and pathing analysis, campaign lift attribution, cross-channel reporting and insights amongst others.
- Mentor team of managers to develop their expertise and career evolution
- Direct the development, design, and implementation of marketing analytics initiatives
- Contribute to internal process development and documentation, thought leadership through creating case studies, POVs, site content and speaking at conferences and on expert panels
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in an analytical capacity, focused on digital marketing analytics (eCommerce, lead gen, etc.) and advertising (paid search, paid social, programmatic, etc.)
- 3 - 4 years of experience managing, mentoring and growing a team
- BS/BA in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field required
- Excellent understanding of online advertising ecosystem and performance metrics with expertise in analyzing and synthesizing data
- Requires excellent organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- Be highly motivated, able to understand client challenges, possess vision & enthusiasm
- Strong problem solving, technical analytic and communication skills are imperative.
- Strong ability to judge and quantify results of advertising and investments and know what to do with this information and insights
- Strong knowledge of ad serving (DFA/DCM, etc...), Paid Search Platforms (AdWords, Bing, etc...), third-party viewability/validation tools (e.g., IAS, comScore, DoubleVerify)
- Expertise in using Web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics) and Attribution Solutions (Convertro, Visual IQ, Adometry)
- Business knowledge of Media Mix Modeling, ROI forecasting, and other advanced analytical techniques and concepts a plus
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Tableau
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.