At 3Q Digital
Cool clients. Inspiring teammates. Incredible culture. Industry-best training and career development. All in eight of the coolest cities in the country. 3Q Digital is more than a first job out of college; it’s a chance to build a high-powered career in digital marketing, one of the fastest-growing industries in the world.
We work with the world’s most innovative clients in some of America’s best cities (Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego, the Silicon Valley, New York, Austin, Raleigh, and Burlington). We look for smart, eager graduates and promote our Account Associates in an average of six months; within two years at 3Q, we turn most Account Associates into respected Account Managers. Driving it all: a culture of fun, training, collaboration, and merit-based advancement – and a unique local atmosphere in each office.
The Search Account Associate will be responsible for supporting the Search Account Manager and/or the Search Account Coordinator with online advertising campaigns across Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Facebook. The Search Account Associate will work on approximately 4 – 6 accounts and is responsible for studying and mastering 3Q’s best practices for SEM and social marketing knowledge, both on the job and during an intensive training program described below.
- Quickly learn the fundamentals of search engine marketing
- Sharpen technical skills in Excel, 3rd-party tools, and SEM platforms
- Develop an ability to contribute towards and drive strategy for digital marketing account
- Use SEM platforms and 3rd-party tools to pull client reports
- Implement tests (Ad Copy, Landing Page, Bid, Geo)
- Work on ad hoc tasks delegated by the Account Manager or client
- Manage priorities, multitask, and deliver high-quality work
- Keep current on marketing blogs
- Write ad copy, analyze query traffic, research keywords, and complete routine account maintenance
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0 - 8 months SEM experience
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to consistently handle multiple tasks across multiple clients
- Ability to prioritize to deliver multiple tasks on time
- Ability to keep a cool head and positive attitude when executing tasks across accounts
- Desire to stay current with the latest marketing trends
- Detail oriented and organized
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Training at 3Q
Our training program is built to help you rapidly advance your career from an associate to an account manager in less than a few years.
You’ll have hands-on support every step of the way from when you walk in the door on day one, through your first tasks and interactions with clients, all the way until you’re leading a QBR.
During your time at 3Q we’ll offer, and create a transcript for, different training programs that are tailored to your current level of experience. We’ve broken a few of those out below.
- Onboarding: Our onboarding program involves two weeks of hands-on instruction along with frequent reviews and feedback. After completing this program, you’ll be prepared to complete a variety of tasks for your team, and you’ll have a high-level understanding of how search works.
- Extended Onboarding: For an additional six weeks, you’ll be invited to twice-weekly workshops that cover a broad range of topics. The purpose of these workshops is to help develop a broad understanding of industry topics and to sharpen skills for more advanced tasks.
- Hands-on Task Assistance: During your first eight weeks, we encourage newer team members to work with our training team while completing routine tasks. You’ll have an opportunity to receive instant feedback on your work and get instruction on the less tangible aspects of workflow, technique, and QA.
- Assessments and Feedback: You’ll have three formalized review sessions during your first 90 days at 3Q. We have a quiz based review at two weeks, an informal check-in at 45 days, and an in-person case study format assessment at 90 days. The purpose of all three is to ensure that you’re developing a comprehensive skill set and have a sharp understanding of all of our company best practices.
- On-the-Job Training: While working within your team structure, you’ll benefit from a collaborative culture that is highly supportive and provides tons of hands-on learning experiences. You’ll work side by side with more senior team members, and you’ll also have our entire agency worth of experts available to assist you any time you’re working on tasks.
- Coaching: We have a variety of 1:1 coaching programs aimed at assisting team members as they practice the skills involved in communicating with clients. You’ll have opportunities to work 1:1 with our trainers to sharpen skills needed for tasks that range from emails to client calls to in-person presentations. Each session is formatted in a 30-60 minute/week format, and they generally last between 4-6 weeks.
- Managerial Skills Development: All of our first-time managers have an opportunity to participate in a group-based skills development program. This program walks your group through a seven-week course that covers aspects of becoming a first-time manager including: how to provide feedback, project management, communication technique, task delegation, and other more.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.