At 3Q Digital, we work with high-powered clients in some of America’s best cities (New York, San Francisco, San Diego, the Silicon Valley, downtown Chicago, Austin, Raleigh, Charlottesville and Burlington, Vermont). We’re smart, fast-paced and we value excellent client service.
The Data Scientist will be tasked with partnering with key internal and client stakeholders and will be responsible for the development of scalable machine learning and predictive modeling solutions. The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving real-world business problems using statical modeling, machine learning, and artificial intelligence techniques and will be able to act as subject matter expert and be a partner to both our internal teams as well as our day-to-day clients and their extended teams. You are good with numbers, and you love to dig into data to find the story. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters, and you understand the importance of accuracy in the data solutions.
- Perform algorithmic modeling for media mix optimization while working with the Decision Sciences and client services team to understand and quantify effects of multi-channel marketing.
- Design and develop Machine Learning and AI models and algorithms that drive performance and provide insights, from prototyping to production deployment, across key areas of interest (e.g., bidding optimization, messaging optimization, multi-touch attribution, marketing mix)
- Integrate with external data sources and APIs to discover interesting trends
- Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to internal and external teams
- Design and manage data QA and validation using automation and best practices.
- Collaborate directly with teams/individuals across the agency to facilitate the design, research, development, and delivery of data statistics, models and client deliverables
- Take ownership of the various components of Data Science Life cycle: Data Wrangling, Feature Engineering, Data Visualization (discovery), Model Generation
- Partner with our BI team to build and optimize data pipelines and feedback loops into the models
- Continuously get better - seek out opportunities to further develop our analytical, engineering, statistical, etc. toolkit
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Applied Statistics or related field; MS or PhD preferred
- Expertise in building and applying statistical/mathematical methods, machine learning/predictive modelling with real-world use cases and experience with tools such as R, SAS, SPSS
- Experience with RDBMS technology and SQL (MS SQL or Snowflake preferred) and knowledge of BI related principles such as ETL, data modeling, & data warehousing
- Post-grad experience as a Data Scientist, preferably 2+ years of experience, including experience designing statistical models
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to both technical and non-technical audiences with a desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment with the ability to interact across various teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with deadlines and manage changing priorities with minimal supervision and intervention
Best-in-class digital marketing results require the best-in-class workforce, and we believe that comes from a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences. 3Q Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q a welcoming and inclusive organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leaders, and our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel. With nine offices around the country, we hope that we have the right home for you and that you have what it takes to be a 3Qer.