At 3Q Digital, we work with high-powered clients in some of America’s best cities (The Silicon Valley, San Francisco, San Diego, Chicago, New York, Austin, Raleigh, Charlottesville, and Burlington). We’re smart, fast-paced, and we value great client service. We are looking for a Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefits to manage the design, planning, and implementation of corporate compensation and benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
The individual filling this position will be based in our San Mateo 3Q HQ, reporting to the Vice President of Finance, and will work closely with Human Resources.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Aid the Payroll and Benefits Manager with payroll processing, when needed, to ensure process runs smoothly; must have experience with all employment statuses: FT/PT, remote, contractor, intern, and Visa or Sponsorship
- Oversees continuous improvement for all Payroll processes including status changes, W4’s, direct deposits, etc.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, promotions, and department/ division transfers
- Manage research and procurement of key health and welfare benefits and when needed will provide special guidance and assistance to all locations on various employee benefits plans
- Lead strategist and manager of our health and welfare, wellness, and retirement benefit programs including: medical and prescription plans, dental, vision, life and disability, and administrator and point of contact for 401(k)
- Work as an internal business consultant with Senior Management and HR to develop compensation programs compatible with the culture of the organization and consistent with the strategic direction of the business on a short-term and long-term basis
- Monitor relevant government regulations, legislation, and benefits trends to assure plan compliance
- Ensure that employees have access to current plan certifications and required notices
- Communicate and implement enhancements to benefit programs to maximize employee understanding and appreciation of all changes
- Conduct research and recommend new programs, enhancements, and /or modifications of existing programs to Senior Management and HR
- Conduct market studies and analysis to ensure internal equity, external competitiveness, and alignment to the company's total rewards philosophy
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee pay and benefits. Stay up-to-date on current compensation-related legislation
- The opportunity to shape how we engage, recognize, and reward our team members as we continue to grow; Serve as the subject matter expert for employee benefits inquiries and needs
- Evaluates plan competitiveness by benchmarking plan design and staying up-to-date on trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Benefits Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- Experienced in compensation and benefits across multiple US states (4-5 years), working at a fast-paced company; International experience is a plus
- Direct experience with payroll administration and accounting
- Working knowledge and experience with ADP Workforce Now; or ability to learn new systems quickly
- Working knowledge of tax regulation, tax reporting in all 3Q states and locals preferred, knowledge of CA a must
- Strong accounting systems skills including experience with managing administrative functions and/or system implementation experience
- An outside-the-box thinker that is proactive and stays on top of the industry’s best practices
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize varied complex projects.
- A strong multi-tasker with an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what's important to do
- Strong excel and data visualization skills and experience in building dashboards and automating reports
- Experience with mentoring or managing others is a plus, but not required for consideration
- Passionate about people with great interpersonal skills
Best-in-class digital marketing results require the best-in-class workforce, and we believe that comes from a diverse mix of backgrounds and experiences. 3Q Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to evaluating all qualified candidates regardless of gender, gender identity, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Furthermore, we believe optimal results come from operating a meritocracy built upon diversity of thought and background and absolutely devoid of discrimination and hate speech. We do everything in our power, including strict adherence to an anti-harassment policy, to make 3Q a welcoming and inclusive organization whose employees feel comfortable respectfully sharing their thoughts with each other and our leaders, and our training and mentorship programs help make sure all employees have an equal opportunity to grow and excel. With nine offices around the country, we hope that we have the right home for you and that you have what it takes to be a 3Qer.